We are developing a child rescue and criminal prosecution team comprised of experts in Human Trafficking Law Enforcement, Forensic Child Interviewing, Criminal Interviewing, Justice Systems, and Human Trafficking Litigation to conduct professional investigations, ensure child predators are restrained, and ensure every victim is given every opportunity to be safe and thrive.
This will be done in partnership with the local law enforcement through the Child Advocacy Center in Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand.
Please consider partnering financially with us so that lack of funding does not hinder our ability to rescue and serve victims or restrain child predators and traffickers.
If you have experience in Justice Systems, Child or Family Advocacy, Law Enforcement, or any profession you believe will help in the child rescue or predator prosecution effort please contact us.
Child Advocacy and Rescue Isaan – Project Description
Many children are regularly molested, beaten, trafficked, and raped in Ubon Ratchathani and the surrounding provinces. One of most effective ways of solving this problem is the establishment of a Child Advocacy Center.
The Child Advocacy Center will implement best practices to effectively rescue child victims of trafficking, abandonment, sexual abuse, and violence and prosecuting the perpetrators.
The Child Advocacy Center will provide:
• A safe child friendly environment which will enable victims to tell their story one time to a trained interviewer so as to gather as much evidence as possible.
• A place to house a multidisciplinary team which will investigate trafficking and abuse cases effectively.
• A place to train, motivate, and empower law enforcement to protect trafficking and abuse victims and prosecute traffickers, pedophiles, and violent abusers with justice.
• A place for victims to receive Christ-centered therapy.
• A place for victims to benefit from Christ-centered therapeutic support groups.
The Child Advocacy Team will:
• Lead and empower effective child abuse and trafficking investigations.
• Ensure children who are able to stay in their families do stay with their families.
• Motivate and empower police to rescue children from traffickers, pedophiles, and violent abusers.
• Assist police in rescue operations.
• Motivate and empower police to arrest and restrain traffickers, pedophiles, and violent abusers.
• Bring rescued children who need homes to long term safe-homes such as Villages of Hope.
• Walk with children through the judicial process which could lead to compensation of the child and perpetrator prison sentences.
Child Advocacy Team members:
• Child Advocacy Center Director
• Family Support Workers
• Child Victim Advocates
• Child Abuse Lawyers
• Forensic Child Interviewer
• Police Training Staff
• Housekeeping Staff
• Medical Examiner (on call)
Annual results of an effective Child Advocacy Center:
• The arrest and restraining of 10-30 pedophiles and traffickers.
• Prevention of continued sexual abuse by arrested pedophiles and traffickers.
• Prevention of continued threats towards 10-100 victims and their families from arrested pedophiles and traffickers.
• Prevention of the victimization of up to 100 new victims by arrested pedophiles and traffickers.
• Prevention of victims being brought to other pedophiles and traffickers.
• 20-100 victims empowered to speak up about their abuse.
• 20-100 victims empowered to begin the healing process.
• 1-10 law enforcement officers motivated and empowered to fight to rescue more victims and convict perpetrators.
15 year results of an effective Child Advocacy Center:
• 1000% increase of prosecution of perpetrators (as seen by IJM due to their work in a 15 million person population).
• Statistics of trafficking victims entering victimization lowered by 90%.
• Statistics of violent abuse victims lowered by 80%.
• Prevention of continued threats towards 1,800-2,500 victims and their families from arrested pedophiles, traffickers, and potential offenders.
• Prevention of the victimization of an estimated 3,000-4,000 new victims.
• The testified healing of 1,800-2,500 victims of child trafficking and violent abuse through Christ-centered therapy and support groups.
• 630-1000 law enforcement officers trained, motivated, and empowered to fight to rescue more victims and convict perpetrators.